After State of the County Address, Randall Announces COVID-19 Positive Test

On Friday, two days after delivering her annual State of the County address to a packed Loudoun County boardroom, County Chair Phyllis J. Randall (D-At Large) announced she has tested positive for COVID-19.

Randall said she made the announcement about an hour after testing positive, and took a test every day this week— testing negative every time until Friday.

“Out of an abundance of caution and because I’m in the public so often, I test every three or four days,” she wrote in the brief announcement. “This week, because of my State of the County address, I tested everyday. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday I tested negative. However, yesterday I was unusually tired, my throat was ‘scratchy’ and I had a cough. I don’t have a fever and thankfully, no other person in my house has tested positive.

“I’m at home where I will remain until I have two consecutive negative tests.”

Randall is the first member of the Board of Supervisors to announce a positive COVID-19 test.

8 thoughts on “After State of the County Address, Randall Announces COVID-19 Positive Test

• 2022-05-27 at 5:52 pm

Oh my. I’m sending all good wishes to this gallant lady for a speedy & full recovery. She’s a beloved leader within Loudoun Blue. We’re all rooting for you, Chair Randall!

• 2022-05-28 at 9:00 am

Although I have been critical of the BOS lack of focus on problem solving I sincerely hope Phyllis comes though this without any negative health impact. Perhaps a personal experience with this single named virus with many co-infections rarely discussed by our “media experts” we will see our own BOS demand more disclosure of what this virus is really comprised of and what the long term effects are likely to be as it seems we are all destined to eventually get infected by the Wuhan experiment gone wrong. Best wishes to Phyllis. 🙂

• 2022-05-28 at 12:30 pm

So the “vaccinations” really don’t prevent Covid infections and don’t prevent the transmission of the disease?

Hmmm. Very interesting.

• 2022-05-29 at 6:57 am

This is a super spreader event….all those in attendance should quarantine for 14 days, take covid tests daily, mask up, and don’t leave the house and no vistors …hope all will be ok…

• 2022-05-29 at 5:17 pm

Is she a super spreader?
    Do we have a contact list of events where she could have infected multitudes?
    That is your leader spreading the wealth no matter if it makes you sick and causes death!

• 2022-05-29 at 6:03 pm

So I guess all that lecturing about being considerate of your fellow neighbors was hogwash. Randall is a walking petri dish.

• 2022-05-31 at 7:50 am

I mean, why do these elected officials need to make attention to the local media that they have COVID? Who cares at this point. It’s an endemic. COVID is here to stay. Some will test positive, others won’t. Many won’t have any symptoms, others will have very mild, and a handful will have serious. Just like the flu and other viruses that we live with each and every day. Get the vaccine or don’t. Get boosted or don’t. Mask up or don’t. But stop making it newsworthy…it’s not.